The commander of the Northern Fleet will take part in the business program of the Forum.
The commander of the Northern Fleet, Nikolai Evmenov, announced his participation in the work of the VIII International Forum "Arctic: Today and the Future." He will make a presentation on "Actual problems of ensuring national security in the Arctic region (role and place of the Northern Fleet) " at the panel session "Integrated Security in the Polar Region".
With increasing rates of development of the Arctic, the importance of ensuring integrated security in the polar region is increasing. During the work of the panel session the following issues will be raised:
- features of the prevention and elimination of emergency situations in the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation;
- the main challenges and new threats to security in the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation;
- development of rescue technologies for the needs of the Arctic;
- provision of transportation in the Russian Arctic;
- international and cross-border security cooperation in the Arctic.