NSR safety: the Forum will hold discussions on modern analysis technologies of ice situation
The VIII International Forum "Arctic: Today and the Future" will discuss the creation of modern information systems for analyzing meteorological and ice conditions to ensure the safety of vessels on the Northern Sea Route. The report of the First Deputy General Director for Science of SC "Concern "Granit-Electron" Yury Podoplekin will be devoted to this topic. He will speak at the panel session "NRS Management System and Ensuring Navigation Safety under the Arctic Conditions".
During the session, the speakers will also discuss the following issues:
- current status and increase of the attractiveness of the Northern Sea Route;
- problems of ensuring the safety of shipping and navigation in the Arctic;
- improvement of icebreaker assistance in the Arctic;
- ways to improve the quality of shipping organization in the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation and to optimize the process of managing marine operations;
- extension of the navigation season of ships along the NSR;
- navigational security of shiping in the Arctic.